Thursday 16 June 2005

Grave News 3

In addition to my previous posts, here are a couple more celebrity epitaphs courtesy of an article in today's Daily Express:

Billy Wilder 1906-2002: I'm a writer but then nobody's perfect

Jack Lemmon 1925-2001: Jack Lemon in

As this is almost a regular feature now, I though I'd explain my interest...

Despite the creativity and wit of well chosen 'final words', I have a particular fondness for cemeteries. As a young lad, my Grandad and me would take his dog Bluey for a walk in his local cemetery; the only green space nearby. These fond memories and a sense of reverence found my like of cemeteries and mean that I think the 'people' who defile them are scum.

Of course this doesn't mean I'm not scared in cemeteries at night ... O-o-o-h! S-p-o-o-o-k-y!

No comments: